Marine Insurance can be complex, let us assist you in designing a cost effective solution to meet your business needs.

There are many types of Marine insurance products

  • Hull Insurance – Covering physical damage to a vessel
  • Protection & Indemnity – Covering liabilities associated with the operation or ownership of a vessel.
  • Freight Insurance – This is different to marine cargo as it’s designed to protect the freight forwarder or carrier
  • Marine Cargo Insurance – Designed to protect the sender of the goods usually the manufacturer or the seller.  The purchaser may also elect to take out this form of insurance cover.
  • Marine General Liability Insurance – Third party liability cover which is designed to cover the operations of the business.
  • Shiprepairer’s Legal Liability – provides cover for the legal liability for ship repairers in the course of their business.
  • Terminal Operator’s Legal Liability (TOLL) – provides liability cover that a terminal operator has for damage to cargo whilst it is in their care, custody or control during transit or storage.
  • Seafarers Insurance – Whilst this is not technically a marine product it is designed to provide cover for employees working in the maritime industry that meet the Seacare scheme criteria.  Seafarers Insurance can also be arranged for employees who do not meet the Seacare Scheme criteria but are required to have seafarers cover by virtue of an EBA.

 For more information on the above Marine products please contact Ritz Kerai