Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
We subscribed to the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice. The Code provides that brokers:
- Act in the best interests of the client
- Provide advice and guidance to enable clients to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting
- Respect the client's confidentiality in relation to all records and information
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation
- Make available all relevant documentation, policies and certificates, endorsements and premium calculations as may be required
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement
- Work towards maintaining and enhancing the reputation of NIBA and its members
- Act in the spirit of the Code and encourage others to do likewise
To obtain a copy of the Code, click here
Complaints and Disputes
Cowden are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS). As part of the Code obligations, we are committed to the fair, transparent and timely resolution of disputes.
If you are unhappy with any of our services, please contact your Broker or Manager to discuss the complaint and resolve the matter. In the event your Broker or Manager cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction, please lodge your complaint in writing or contact our dispute resolution officer. We will acknowledge your complaint and genuinely attempt to resolve the matter within 20 days through our internal disputes resolution system. We will keep you informed about how we handle your complaint and provide you with reasons for our decisions. If we require further information to determine or resolve your complaint, we will inform you of this and agree with you an appropriate time frame, keeping you informed of the progress.
Dispute Resolution Officer:
Mr Colin Cowden (08) 9322 4822
Cowden Ltd, PO Box 60, West Perth WA 6872
If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction within 20 business days, you have the right to refer the matter to Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS) for further consideration and/or review. FOS is an ASIC-approved external dispute resolution service accessible to clients free of charge.
Further information is available at FOS website at www.fos.org.au